Sunday, February 6, 2011

DEARS, WHERE IS THE CHANGE?

Well I note that few are following my blog but frankly, dears, I don't give a damn! So much has been going on in these days that it is hard to believe that soon this city will be celebrating Mardi Gras, much later this year, however. In the meantime Rhett and I have been running the heat and surviving the cold. However, our darling children are braving the cold this week in Manhattan, while we drink Manhattans to keep warm here. We cannot even sit on the verandah. Now for a few things:

1. Mitch, dear, get on the ball. Stop the promises and walk the walk.

2. We need professionals working downtown and not simply living there.

3. We congratulate the new Chief of Police - he is trying at least.

4. We note some more crime in Jefferson Parish - even on the same street that Newell resides on. Car thefts and thefts from cars are crimes, Newell, dear. Your staff caught them and the guy who robbed the poor woman at the ATM. He lived close to you also, did he not?

5. The census indicates some loss of positions by some political hacks. Which ones remain to be seen. However, gerrymandering is not the answer. If not, what about one district alloted that would contain a majority of Irish voters.

6. Those archives from the Archdiocese might be interesting, if you can actually read them and catch the hints that are available and recognized by experts in ancestral research.

7. Well Anderson Cooper will be here for Endymion. I wonder if he wishes to interview me?

8. Start talking more, everyone, in every way possible about improvements in employment and education. Unification of colleges and universities are essential to provide quality education to those who wish to learn and not simply take up space.

Well, I think that is enough this morning for this poor old lady. The arthurwrites is getting to me. I wonder about those programs that allow you to speak and they automatically write what you have said. Oh well, the cat just came to tell me that she wishes to be fed. The two dogs woke me up and I had to let them out in the cold. I refuse to put their mink coats on them. The cleaning bill was atrocious last time. Say a prayer today for the future, dears, regardless of the faith you practice or claim to practice.

No comments:

Post a Comment